THE MEDINA MUNICIPAL POOL
WILL NOT BE OPEN IN 2013
The City Pool is located at 421 East Homestead Street.
Hours of Operation
Sunday – Saturday from 11:00 am -
Concession Stand opens 11:00 am daily
Daily Pass Resident or Non-Resident $3.00
Children under 5 and seniors (60 and over) will not be charged admission
Daily Pool Passes can only be purchased at the Municipal Pool, after filling out a Daily Pool Pass Registration Form. Daily Pool Pass holders must sign a waiver to be kept on file. Children under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian signature. Payment can be made by cash only. Personal checks will not be accepted.
Seasonal Pass Individual MCRC Member $ 20.00
Individual Resident $ 30.00
Individual Non-Resident $ 50.00
Family MCRC Member $ 50.00
Family Resident $100.00
Family Non-Resident $150.00
Family Seasonal Pool Passes are limited to five (5) immediate family members living within the same household. Additional family member / childcare provider pass is $10.00.
Proof of Residency is required for City residents (current utility bill)
Seasonal Pool Passes can now be purchased at the Medina Community Recreation Center (MCRC) Front Desk during normal operating hours. Payment can be made by cash, check or credit card. Checks can be made payable to “The City of Medina”.
Click on the following link to download a Seasonal Pool Pass Registration Form.
MCRC Front Desk hours of operation are: Monday – Friday
Reduced Seasonal Pool Pass rates are available for children who qualify for reduced or free lunches through the school lunch program. Please call the Parks Office for specific information. MCRC member rates are not eligible for further discounts.
Parks Office hours of operation are Monday through Friday, at the MCRC. Call (330)-721-6950 for more information.
Main Pool Rules:
1. All children ages 7 & under must be accompanied by an adult (18 years & older) who is capable of caring for the child in the water.
2. Children ages 7 & under and non-swimmers must have a capable swimmer at “arms length” in the water with them at all times for supervision.
3. Inexperienced swimmers cannot be in the 7 foot and 9 foot sections even with experienced swimmers.
4. Swim diapers are required for all non-toilet trained patrons.
5. No floatation devices are permitted (noodles, water wings, rafts, etc.).
6. Only Coast Guard Approved Lifejackets are permitted with an experienced swimmer at “arms length” in the water with the non-swimmer.
7. Coolers containing food and drinks are permitted, but gum and glass containers are NOT permitted in the pool, deck or bath house areas.
8. The Medina City Pool is a smoke free environment.
9. Proper swimming attire is required. Cut offs, leotards, biking tights, etc. are not permitted.
10. Horseplay is not permitted (ie. running, dunking, pushing, sitting on shoulders, throwing one another, etc.).
11. Diving is not permitted.
12. Only feet first jumping into the pool is permitted.
13. Rest breaks will be called 15 minutes before each hour. Only patrons 18 and older may remain in the water during the rest breaks.
14. Swimming is not permitted in the roped off section of the slides.
1. All children using the slide must pass the “Deep End Test” prior to using the slides. Users must be able to comfortably swim the width of the 9 foot section.
2. Masks, goggles or glasses should not be worn while sliding.
3. T-shirts and swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or rash guards are not permitted.
4. Pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or back trouble should not ride the slide.
5. One user should be on the platform at a time.
6. Make sure the splash down area is clear before entering the slide or watch for the lifeguard to signal before going down the slide.
7. Only one rider is permitted on the slide at a time. Patrons are not permitted to ride with children in their lap.
8. The slide must be ridden feet first, lying on your back or in a sitting position.
9. Hands and feet must be kept inside the slide at all times.
10. Diving into/off of, kneeling, changing positions, slowing down, stopping, forming chains or sliding down head first is prohibited at all times.
11. Catching children as they exit the slide is not permitted.
12. Swimmers must exit the water immediately after using the slide.
13. The water slide may be closed at the discretion of the Aquatic Staff.