Find It Now
The City of Medina was organized, formed and incorporated under the laws of the State of Ohio and adopted at an election on May 6, 1952.
It has a "Council-Mayor" general law form of government where the Mayor and the members of the City Council, and the city's Finance Director are elected on a non-partisan basis by the citizenry. Council is comprised of seven (7) members, four members that represent a respective ward of the City, two at-large members and the Council President. The Council President is an elected position.
The Mayor's staff, which are appointed positions approved by the Council, is comprised of 10 departments; Building, Economic Development, Engineering, Fire, Law, Parks, Planning and Zoning, Police, Recreation Center, and Service. The are approximately 388 employees (including part-time and seasonal) that work for the City.
The offices of City Hall are located at 132 North Elmwood Avenue (1 block north and west of Medina's Historic Square).