Quality of Life
Quality of Life
The recent announcement by Money Magazine's top 100 best places to live was no surprise for long-time residents of Medina. Although honored and humbled to be ranked 40th on the list of "America's best small town"; Medina residents and businesses have known this is a great place to live, work and raise a family. Compared to other cities in the survey, The City is ranked high due to its low crime rate, excellent schools, affordable housing, general low cost of living (ranging 12-20% below the national average), and a tremendous local and regional health care system.
The City of Medina offers a wide selection of recreational opportunities and currently has 800 acres developed for park use at 12 different sites. A strong youth sports program utilizes the park fields and the Medina Community Recreation Center through the year.
Regionally, our residents are minutes away from professional sporting events, some of the finest museums in the country, a great theatre district, the world-renown Cleveland Orchestra, and the 3rd most visited national park system in the U.S.
The City of Medina is the county seat for Medina County, one of the fastest growing counties in the State of Ohio. While our location offers an easy drive to Cleveland, Akron, and Columbus, the same highway system reaches 60% of the population of the U.S. in a day's drive. Visit Medina and learn why Northeast Ohio is a great place to live and work.
Regionally, Medina residents enjoy:
- Major League Sports Team
- Cleveland Browns
- Cleveland Indians
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Many Minor League Affiliates
- The Playhouse Square
- 2nd largest U.S. theatre district outside of New York
- Cleveland Metroparks & Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- 3rd most visited national park system in the U.S.
- Cleveland Orchestra
- Ranked in the top five major orchestras in the world
- Cleveland Museum of Art
- More than 43,000 collections displayed in four joined buildings stretching 389,076 square feet
- Other Museums
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- National Football Hall of Fame
- National Inventors Hall of Fame
- Natural History Museum
- Cedar Point Amusement Park
- Roller Coaster Capital of the World
- Miles of lakefront and water activity