Find It Now
Sign up the kids for a summer full of fun at Medina Community Recreation Center!
Discover Camp is a day camp for ages 6-12 that runs from late May through late August. Kids enjoy swimming, library visits, themed weeks, fun field trips. Sign up for a week at a time, the full summer or a drop in day.
Adventure Camp is for ages 12-14 and meets Monday, Thursday, Friday, going on fun adventures and learning experiences
Play Camp is for ages 3-5 year-olds and meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 to 4 pm.
Specialty one week camps will also be offered in Art, Basketball, Tennis, Soccer, Lacrosse, Stick Sports, Flag Football, Floor Hockey, and Tennis
MORE DETAILS ON ALL THE CAMPS WILL BE COMING SOON!
NOW HIRING CAMP COUNSELORS AND CAMP INSTRUCTORS
Camp Counselors must be at least 16 years old and enjoy being around children, possess leadership skills and patience. It’s an active day. In addition to camp counselors, we are looking for instructors knowledgeable in teaching arts and the sports camps listed above. Pay: $8.55 and up depending on experience. Great opportunity for teachers to make a little extra money over the summer without a big commitment.
Medina Community Recreation Center
Youth Specialist / Camp Counselor
Under the direction of the Camp Supervisor, the Counselor is responsible for the supervision of assigned camper groups. Counselors assist the Head Counselors and Activity Leaders with the daily operation of all camp programs. Applicants must demonstrate a genuine interest in contributing to and supporting the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of the children involved in the MCRC Camp Programs.
Specific Job Duties:
- Report to the camp site prepared and on time
- Assist the Head Counselors in organizing and preparing daily activities
- Assist with all drop off and sign out policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and parents/guardians
- Ensure that all facilities used are returned to their proper state after usage
- Follow all risk management and emergency procedure guidelines
- Ensure that all campers adhere to the rules and regulations set forth by the MCRC
- Understand and accurately implementing all activities that will take place during the camp and making adaptations where necessary
- Set an enthusiastic tone for all campers
- Stay with assigned group at all times to ensure proper supervision of campers at the camp site, on field trips, and at the pool site
- Report any potential dangers to the Head Counselors such as facility, equipment, activities, or other hazards
- Inform the Head Counselors of any problems such as: accident reports, disciplinary problems, or staff conflicts
- Attend all staff orientations, parent orientations, training sessions, and staff meetings
- Assist the Head Counselors with the weekly and comprehensive program evaluations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must have experience working with children in a day camp or related environment
- Ability to lift and move objects
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Possession of First Aid and CPR certifications and day care provider training (MCRC can offer this training if you need it)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Blood-borne Pathogen Training (MCRC can assist)
- Applicants should possess a desire to learn about the instruction, promotion, and implementation of recreational and educational activities for children of all ages