ROAD CONSTRUCTION UPDATEFriday, July 13, 2018
- Crews will continue working on the west side of the road along with drive accesses from just north of Highland Drive, heading to the north
- Cement stabilization will begin on the west side of the street on TUESDAY, JULY 17th, so please watch for crews and work trucks moving in and out of the construction zone
- Note that access to Highland Drive will be CLOSED early Tuesday, July 17th in the morning for a period of time
- When Highland Drive re-opens, the Medina Shopping Center entrance will close for a period of time and will open by days end. During this time, please access the shopping center by using the rear entrance from Highland Drive
- This will also take place at Northland Drive on Wednesday, July 18th. These TEMPORARY closures are needed so that crews can perform stabilization work
- Please inform customers, vendors and employees of the upcoming work and to utilize alternate routes and access points to businesses
- Over the next few weeks, there will be similar temporary closures occurring for curb and gutter placement and asphalt paving
- After the intermediate asphalt paving and temporary striping is complete, the last section of the project will begin
- TENTATIVELY, WORK ON THE LAST SECTION OF THE PROJECT WILL BEGIN ON AUGUST 1ST
EAST SMITH ROAD CLOSURE
- East Smith Road between South Court Street and South Broadway was closed on Monday, June 25th for approximately 6 weeks. Work will continue for replacement of pavement, water lines and storm sewers.
GUILFORD BOULEVARD CLOSURE
- Guilford Boulevard, between East Smith Road and Berkshire Drive was closed on Wednesday, June 6th for a bridge replacement. The project will take approximately 9 weeks.
- Detours and barricades will be maintained throughout the closure period