Find It Now
Community Housing Impact & Preservation Program (CHIP)
The Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP) provides grants to eligible communities interested in undertaking housing-related activities, including necessary infrastructure improvements. The grants are awarded competitively and encourage a flexible, community-wide approach to the improvement and provision of affordable housing for low- and moderate-income persons, and help develop local administrative capacity.
All participants must meet the eligibility requirements, and be within the income guidelines for the program.
On September 1, 2020, the City of Medina, in Partnership with the City of Brunswick has been awarded a Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP) Grant for the Program Year 2020.
The City of Medina proposes to utilize the requested funds to carry out the following housing activities:
- Private Owner Rehabilitation approximately $390,000. Approximately (8) housing structures in the Cities of Medina and Brunswick will receive housing rehabilitation assistance. Qualifying homeowners will be the owners of single-family, owner occupied structures that are in need of assistance to meet local code compliance and rehabilitation standards. Eligible properties must be located in the City of Medina or City of Brunswick. All loans will be made at a 0% interest, partially forgivable with payback deferred until the owner transfers interest in the property. Funding Source – HOME Funds/CDBG Funds.
- Home Repair Assistance approximately 210,000. Approximately (12) housing structures in the Cities of Medina and Brunswick will receive home repair assistance. Qualifying homeowners will be the owners of single-family, owner occupied structures that are in need of assistance to address one or two major health and safety items. Rental units are not eligible for home repair assistance. All improvements will be made with a grant. Funding Source – CDBG Funds.
- Tenant Based Rental Assistance approximately $16,000. Approximately (4) families will receive Tenant Based Rental Assistance for first month’s rent, security deposit and utility deposit in the City of Medina or City of Brunswick. The Assistance will be in the form of a grant. Funding Source – HOME funds.
- Administration approximately $81,000. Administration is requested to reimburse the Community for staff time dedicated to CHIP projects. The funds could also be used to retain program consultants for the grant period. Funding Source – CDBG and HOME Funds
- Fair Housing approximately $3,000. Funding Source – CDBG Funds.
- TOTAL GRANT REQUEST: $700,000
Below are the links for the PY2020 CHIP Program Documents and Application:
Questions regarding the Community Housing Improvement Program may be directed to:
Sandy Davis - CDBG Grant Administrator, City of Medina Fair Housing Contact
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE 2020 COMMUNITY HOUSING IMPACT & PRESERVATION PROGRAM.
All of the above documents must be printed and submitted to the Ohio Regional Development Corporation, (330) 410-6581.
Also, below are links to Fair Housing Information