Medina Community Recreation Center
MEDINA YOUTH BASKETBALL INFO
- Registration is currently open for all Kindergarten and 1st graders. No skills testing is required. Stop at the front desk to register. Payment is required with registration.
- Pre-K players that have turned 5 by 10/31/16 are eligible to play.
- Parent/guardian and child in grades 2nd-12th are required to attend ONE of the skills testing/registration sessions. For specific dates and times go to http://www.medinaoh.org/government/departments/medina-rec/sports-leagues/medina-youth-basketball-league
- Grade verification REQUIRED at registration. No exceptions. Appropriate grade verification includes: final 2015-16 report card, current 2016-17 report card, class picture, screenshots of online progress info. Must include current year, grade and child name.
- Our Rec Program philosophy does not allow for players to play up a grade level for any reason.
- Are you registering multiple children? You can bring them all at once. Please try to attend the oldest child’s time slot
- Coaching info will be available at testing dates. Coach info meeting in mid-December. Coach clinic tentatively scheduled for December 17th in the morning.
- A Driver’s license is required for checks and any credit cards that are not signed on the back.
- All player/team/practice/coaching requests CANNOT be guaranteed
- There will be one practice and one game per week which will be scheduled by MCRC and will not change throughout season
- Practices may not be guaranteed throughout season for high school teams at this time
- Practices and games start after January 1
- See following link for other league details: http://www.medinaoh.org/government/departments/medina-rec/sports-leagues/medina-youth-basketball-league
Due to the World Series schedule, modifications to skills testing on Wednesday Nov. 2 may occur.
Check this site on Wednesday.
The Medina Community Recreation Center provides 110,000 sq. ft of recreational space that offers everything you need to maintain a healthy and active life including:
Fitness Room & Free Weights
Field House with 4 full size courts
Jogging/ Walking Track
Locker Rooms with Sauna
Rascal Room Child Activity Center
Fitness & Aerobic Classes
Toddler & Preschool Programs
Learn to Swim Classes
Water Aerobics & Therapy Classes
Community Rooms and Facility Rentals
From early morning workouts, to late night pickup basketball games, the Medina Community Recreation Center is designed to fit your needs and schedule and offers a safe & fun environment that everyone in your family can enjoy.
FOR YOUR SAFETY, REMEMBER TO LOCK YOUR VEHICLES WHILE YOU'RE IN THE RECREATION CENTER.