Memorial Park Pool
The Memorial Park Pool is now closed for the season. Thanks for a great summer!
LOCATION AND HOURS
421 East Homestead Dr., Medina, OH 44256
Hours: Every day, Monday through Sunday - 11 am to 7 pm
Phone, direct line: 330-722-7099
All patrons age 11 (unless acoompanied by an adult) and over will be required to show a photo ID when entering the facility. Children 11 and under must have a parent or guardian at the facility at all times. Daily passes will not be sold to persons who fail to present an acceptable photo ID. Acceptable ID’s include: Driver’s License, Temporary Driver Permit, State Identification Card, MCRC ID card, Student ID (for guests 16 years and younger), Passports, US Military ID.
- Anyone 18 and over must sign a waiver upon purchasing a pass.
- Pool passes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Anyone requesting a refund for extenuating circumstances must complete a Refund Request Form available at the Pool or MCRC Front Desk.
- Passes must be presented to the staff upon each visit to gain entry into the pool.
- Once purchased, pool passes and waivers are valid only for the pass holder. Pool staff will validate pass holder names with the pool pass number. Misuse of pool passes may result in the suspension of loss of privileges.
- Individual Season Pass: $100
- Family Season Pass: $200 for up to 5 family members
- Purchase at the MCRC Front Desk or at Memorial Pool.
- Payment can be made with cash, check or credit card.
- Residency verification and child’s age verification may be required
- $7 per day for ages 3-59; Age 2 & under: free
- $4 per day for Seniors 60+
- 5 visit Punch Card: $25
- Payment can be made with cash or credit card.
- Private rental of the Cabana, a private grassy area with picnic tables under a shade structure, during pool hours is available.
- Available times: 11:30a - 2:30p and 3:30p-6:30p
- Rate for 3 hour rental:
- Monday through Friday: $25/Medina Resident; $35/Non-Resident
- Saturday and Sunday: $35/Medina resident; $45/Non-resident
- Private rental of pool before or after hours is also available.
- For more information on renting the cabana area, visit the rentals page at medinarec.org or contact Sandy at 330-721-6918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information on Memorial Park and renting the pavillion, contact Annie at email@example.com; 330-721-6950.
If it is necessary to close the pool before 2:00 pm, patrons may request a “Rain Check” to return on another day. This “Rain Check” will be issued at the discretion of the pool staff and can only be utilized in the event of a pool closing.
OUTDOOR POOL AGE RESTRICTIONS
- Children 7 and under must be directly supervised by an adult (18 years and older) at all times unless they are participating in a MCRC sponsored program or activity.
- Children ages 8-10 may use the pool unsupervised, however an adult must remain in the pool area at all times.
- Children 11 years and up may use the pool unsupervised.
- Adults required to be in the water may not swim laps when supervising children.
OUTDOOR POOL RULES
- Vulgar /abusive language will not be tolerated.
- Picnic table and bench space will be available on a first come, first serve basis, except for reservable areas. Rental use will be posted.All swimmers are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool.
- The Outdoor Pool is a smoke free area. Use of electronic cigarettes/vaping devices is strictly prohibited. Please use designated area outside the gate.
- Swim diapers are required for all non-toilet trained patrons.
- Only Coast Guard approved life jackets are permitted. No other floatation devices are permitted (ex. noodles, rafts, water wings, etc.)
- Rest breaks will be called 15 minutes before each hour. Only patrons 18 and older may remain in the water during rest breaks.
- For the water slide, minimum slider height is 48”. All sliders must be able to pass the “deep end test” prior to use. User must be able to comfortably swim the width of the pool.
- Lifejackets, masks, goggles or glasses should not be worn while sliding.
- Patrons must ride feet first, lying on your back or in a sitting position.
- Users of the Outdoor Pool must comply with all posted rules and others given by the staff. Failure to comply with such instructions or with policies may result in disciplinary action or facility removal.
PATRON DISCIPLINARY POLICY
Patrons are expected to join the staff in promoting a pleasant recreational environment. Patrons are asked to use mature judgment in choosing actions, clothing, language. Patrons should respect the rights of others and are encouraged to display good sportsmanship so that participation in all activities is enjoyable and safe. The behavior of a patron must not disrupt the experience of others. All problems should be reported immediately to the Pool Staff.
Rules and policies are posted and/or distributed to all MCRC users. The authority to enforce these policies is vested in the Pool Staff and Administrative personnel responsible for facilities and programs. Violations of rules, malicious use or defacing of property, solicitation, verbal abuse, or other violations of the Poo; will not be tolerated. The MCRC Administrative Staff reserves the right to make discretionary adjustment to disciplinary action depending on the circumstances which may include suspension or revoking patron privileges. Patron disciplinary policies will be enforced.
Suspension for the above problems will be decided by the MCRC Manager on a case-by-case basis. The nature and seriousness of the offense will determine the suspension. Refunds will not be granted for suspensions due to disciplinary problems.