City of Medina Yard Waste ProgramMonday, April 17, 2017
The City of Medina is implementing a NEW YARD WASTE PROGRAM starting this spring through fall.
1. What is yard waste? Yard waste is organic waste generated during regular household gardening and landscaping which includes: grass clippings, leaves, twigs, branches, and shrubbery.
2. What is not considered yard waste? No rocks, dirt, sod, plastic pots / bags, food waste or gravel
3. How do I prepare yard waste for collection? Place in hard sided containers only labled YARD WASTE no plastic or paper bags, please. Bundle cut branches with string or twine into 4' length or less and no wider than 2'. The weight of each bundle / container must be under 35 lbs.
4. Where do I put my yard waste items? Place the items curbside - containers / bundles must be at least 3 ft. away from trash containers, mailboxes or cars
5. When do I put my yard waste at the curb? Place the yard waste out weekly on the day of your regular trash pick-up day by 6:00 a.m.
Program begins: May 22, 2017
If you are unable to put these items on the curb for removal you are also permitted to take the items to the Medina County Solid Waste District Facility located at 8700 Lake Road, Seville, Ohio. (330) 769-0289 or www.recyclemedinacounty.com