MEDINA CHANGES TAX COLLECTION AGENCY TO RITAThursday, February 1, 2018
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2018 REGIONAL INCOME TAX AGENCY (RITA) WILL BE MEDINA'S TAX COLLECTION AGENCY
RITA will hold a free municipal taxpayer assistance event at the Medina Community Recreation Center on April 7, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. For more details, click here.
Here are answers to questions you may have:
- There is NO CHANGE in tax rates or who needs to file. This is NOT a new tax. The only change is that RITA will now collect the City of Medina's Income Tax instead of CCA
- If you were exempt from the Income Tax with CCA (due to being retired, etc.) you will still be exempt
- Anything that needs to be filed or paid AFTER January 1, 2018 needs to be filed with or paid to RITA instead of CCA
- If you made estimated payments to CCA, RITA will have that information when you file your 2017 taxes.
- Tax forms for RITA can be picked up at City Hall or click here for RITA Instruction Form, here for RITA Individual Tax Form or here for RITA Exemption Form
- You may also visit RITA's website at www.ritaohio.com for additional information
- RITA expects to have the ability to accept on-line filings for Medina by Friday, February 23, 2018
- STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? Contact our Finance Department at 330-722-9051 or click here to go to RITA's Frequently Asked Questions page