MEDINA CHANGES TAX COLLECTION AGENCY TO RITAThursday, January 11, 2018
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2018 REGIONAL INCOME TAX AGENCY (RITA) WILL BE MEDINA'S TAX COLLECTION AGENCY
RITA will hold free municipal taxpayer assistance events at the Medina Community Recreation Center on March 14, 2018 from 12:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m and on April 7, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. For more details, click here.
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
- There is NO CHANGE in tax rates or who needs to file. This is NOT a new tax. The only change is that RITA will now collect the City of Medina's Income Tax instead of CCA
- If you were exempt from the Income Tax with CCA (due to being retired, etc.) you will still be exempt
- Anything that needs to be filed or paid AFTER January 1, 2018 needs to be filed with or paid to RITA instead of CCA
- If you made estimated payments to CCA, RITA will have that information when you file your 2017 taxes.
- Tax forms for RITA can be picked up at City Hall or click here for RITA Instruction Form, here for RITA Individual Tax Form or here for RITA Exemption Form
- You may also go to RITA's website at www.ritaohio.com
- Still have questions? Contact our Finance Department at 330-722-9051